Porsche 911 964 Carrera 4 Targa USA import only 72,916 km mileage Blaupunkt-Reno-2-Radio Gutachten Matching Numbers (1990)
|Porsche||911 964 Carrera 4 Targa||1990|
When Porsche presented the 964 in 1988, the successor to the successful but aging G model, extensive innovationswere introduced.
Although the body still followed the traditional design language of the 911, around 80 percent of all parts in the 964 were new. Like its predecessor, the 964 was also available as a Targa. However, only just over 3,500 units of the rear-wheel drive Targa version of the Porsche 964 Targa were produced, and only around 1,300 examples of the all-wheel drive 964 Targa, known as the C4. Due to these homoeopathic numbers a Targa of the 911 series 964 proves to be a rare body type.
General information about the vehicle
Now up for auction is a Porsche 911 of the series 964 as a Carrera 4 Targa, which was first registered for traffic in 1990 and represents an import from the USA. WP0ZZ96ZLS460724 is the VIN of this 3rd hand Porsche - according to the seller the matching numbers are given. In the possession of a H-plate the Targa is already, a valid MOT still runs until November 2024. The car is already customs cleared, registered and currently shows a German registration.
- Exterior and interior: This Carrera 4 Targa is painted in black - according to the current owner, repainting cannot be ruled out. Just like the paint of this Porsche, the Targa roof is also black. Beige leather seats are found in the interior of the Zuffenhausen sports car.
- Engine and transmission: The six-cylinder boxer engine - which sits in the rear of the Porsche 964 - is said to deliver 250 hp to the rear wheels. Power is transmitted via a 5-speed manual transmission. A final engine service took place in November 2022.
- Mileage: A mileage of 72,948 kilometers can be taken from the six-digit speedometer of this 911: According to the seller, the total mileage is fully traceable based on the CARFAX Vehicle History Report and regular service invoices /HU examinations since purchase with mileage information.
- Documentation: There is no checkbook for the car - but the seller can provide proof of the mileage. German registration papers as well as papers of the customs clearance are existent. Worth mentioning is a given short appraisal with a replacement value of 87,000 euros.
- The condition of the brake system is estimated by the seller at approx. 70-90%, the brakes he certifies a condition of approx. 50-70%.
- In terms of bodywork, according to the seller, there is a small dent on the trunk lid, minimal scratches and normal signs of use on the exterior. Further, he states that slight cracks are visible in the targa roof, but these do not affect the tightness of the targa roof (seals came new). An accident-free condition is confirmed by the seller.
- The car has only been driven in nice weather and with a few exceptions has always been parked in a single garage. Welding traces are apparently not present.
- Please see the photo gallery and videos for further insight into the condition of the vehicle.
- In addition to the rear brake lights, this 911 Carrera 4 Targa has also had the rear fascia replaced with an original spare part: the seller states the value with installation here at €1,500. A special feature is that this 964 Targa is almost in its original condition without any modifications - only after the purchase by the current owner a German Blaupunkt Reno Radio 2 with rear speakers was installed. Equipment features include, in addition to full leather seats: Power windows, power steering, ABS, center armrest (but can be removed without issue) and of course the tarp roof. Red caliper brakes from the 964 Turbo provide better braking performance on the one hand, and a sporty look on the other.
- Of the Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Targa (type 964) the sports car company produced only about 1,300 examples, accordingly these models are rare. Not only the low mileage of this C4 Targa offered here for auction, also the almost complete original condition and the classically beautiful color combination of exterior (black) as well as interior (beige) convince on the full line.
Why Kickdown? The NDR summed it up well!Verkaufsbedingungen Stand: (19.12.2022)
- Expert report exists
- Kickdown photographer was on site
- Video of the vehicle available
- Main inspection
- Milage trackable
- Matching numbers
- Current service performed
- Low milage
The description of this auction has been made to the best of the seller's knowledge. The condition of this vehicle is based on the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. The description and photos are for reference. Kickdown does not guarantee the accuracy of the listing and recommends a viewing. The seller decides whether a viewing can be made. Bidders must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and make all necessary inquiries before placing a bid. For this purpose, please use the comments and questions section for additional information. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
About the seller
Never miss an auction again with our newsletter!
Benefits of our Auctions
- We take care of your search for a car.
- Off-market vehicles from our network
- Pre-selected vehicles.