Mercedes-Benz W116 280 SE partially restored German first delivery (1978)
|Mercedes Benz||W116 280 SE||1978|
Highlights and general information
For sale is a Mercedes-Benz W116 280 SE from 1978, painted in a noble shade of gray and with a fabric interior.
- Partially restored
- Equipment: central locking, power steering, air conditioning
- Investments: approx. 4,000 euros
General information about the vehicle
- First registration: 1978
- German vehicle
- Location: 26624 Südbrookmerland, Germany
- 3 vehicle owners
- MOT valid until 08/25
- H-license plate
- Accident-free in current ownership
- Not allowed
- German registration
- Ready to drive
- The Mercedes-Benz W116 was introduced in 1972 as the successor to the W108/W109 and set new standards in terms of luxury and safety. It was available in several engine variants, including six-cylinder and eight-cylinder engines with displacements ranging from 2.8 to 6.9 liters. The 450 SEL 6.9, equipped with a 6.9-liter V8, was the top model and impressed with its performance. The W116 was a success and laid the foundation for the later S-Class tradition of Mercedes-Benz.
Exterior and interior
- Grey paintwork
- Inner material made of white/blue checkered fabric with side cushions made of leather (possibly imitation leather)
Engine and gearbox
- 2.8-liter inline 6-cylinder with 185 hp
- Automatic transmission
- 193,465 km. Mileage traceable.
- No checkbook available
Tires, brakes, body & underbody
- The seller did not provide any information on the condition of the tires and brakes
- Underbody: Welded
- Central locking hooks
- Air conditioning without function
- Inner material with some signs of wear, according to age
- Underbody has been welded
- Please see the photo gallery and videos for more insight into the condition of the vehicle.
Experience the timeless Mercedes-Benz W116 280 SE from 1978 with a mileage of 193,465 km, powered by a powerful 2.8-liter inline 6-cylinder engine (185 hp) and presented in elegant gray. This partially restored vehicle has features such as central locking, power steering and an H license plate that underlines its historical value. However, be aware that there are some shortcomings such as a hooked central locking, a non-functioning air conditioning system and signs of wear and tear in the interior.
Why Kickdown? The NDR summed it up well!Verkaufsbedingungen Stand: (19.12.2022)
- Kickdown photographer was on site
- Video of the vehicle available
- Main inspection
- Milage trackable
The description of this auction has been made to the best of the seller's knowledge. The condition of this vehicle is based on the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. The description and photos are for reference. Kickdown does not guarantee the accuracy of the listing and recommends a viewing. The seller decides whether a viewing can be made. Bidders must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and make all necessary inquiries before placing a bid. For this purpose, please use the comments and questions section for additional information. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
About the seller
Never miss an auction again with our newsletter!
Mercedes Benz wanted?
Benefits of our Auctions
- We take care of your search for a car.
- Off-market vehicles from our network
- Pre-selected vehicles.