Austin-Healey MkII BJ7 Sensational Sale by OTTO Mail Order Collector's Item (1963)
|Austin-Healey||MK II BJ7||1963|
Not or only partially comprehensible.
|US||65479 Raunheim||Colorado Red|
Highlights and General
For sale is a 1963 Austin Healey MKII, painted in Colorado red, with faux leather interior.
- H license plate, registered and ready to drive in a well-maintained condition
- Absolute rarity: In the early 1980s, as part of a marketing campaign by Hamburg's Ottoversand, five Austin Healeys were purchased in the USA with the help of the Healey family, revised and handed over to customers in Germany in a lottery process. The vehicle presented here is one of these five vehicles. Documentation and newspaper articles about it are available. Even Geoffrey Healey had come to hand over the car.
- Originally from California, this Austin Healey was imported to Germany
- In 2018, the brakes were renewed for just under €1400
- Tyres are in mint condition
General information about the vehicle
- First registration USA Year 1963
- Location: Germany
- TÜV until 01/25
- H-License Plate
- Approved with German approval
- Fully roadworthy
- In 1961, British sports car manufacturer Austin Healey introduced the MK II, a more powerful version of the Austin Healey 3000. The sporty convertible was equipped with a 3-litre six-cylinder engine and produced just under 160 hp. But the Healey also knew how to convince visually, an elegant line was combined with a luxurious imitation leather interior interior. By 1967, only about 3300 units were built with a 160 hp engine.
Exterior & Interior:
- Colorado Red Paint
- Black folding roof in an apparently neat condition
- Interior with black and red faux leather upholstery
- Partially repainted
Engine and transmission:
- 3.0 litre six-cylinder engine with 160 hp
- Manual transmission
- Last engine service 05/22
- Approx. 166,610 km. Mileage can be tracked (see documentation).
- Registration papers, TÜV and service reports, invoices, newspaper articles, tax card from the USA and a letter from OTTO
Tyres, brakes, bodywork and underbody:
- Tires: new
- Brakes: 70-90%
- The underbody shows slight flash rust, but is overall rust-free, preserved and cavity-sealed
- Please see the photo gallery and videos for more insight into the vehicle's condition.
The Austin Healey MK II from 1963 offered here presents itself in an apparently very neat condition. In addition, the British convertible is an absolute highlight, as it was offered as a sensational sale in the Post Shop catalogue of OTTO Versand in 1981. Today, the Colorado red sports car is in very good technical condition, with a valid TÜV, new tires and a flawless brake system. For collectors and enthusiasts, the Austin Healey is an absolute must-have due to its unique history.
Why Kickdown? The NDR summed it up well!Verkaufsbedingungen Stand: (19.12.2022)
- Kickdown photographer was on site
- Video of the vehicle available
- Main inspection
- Current service performed
- Low milage
The description of this auction has been made to the best of the seller's knowledge. The condition of this vehicle is based on the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. The description and photos are for reference. Kickdown does not guarantee the accuracy of the listing and recommends a viewing. The seller decides whether a viewing can be made. Bidders must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and make all necessary inquiries before placing a bid. For this purpose, please use the comments and questions section for additional information. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
About the seller
Never miss an auction again with our newsletter!
Benefits of our Auctions
- We take care of your search for a car.
- Off-market vehicles from our network
- Pre-selected vehicles.