Mercedes-Benz W114 280 C Coupé Partially restored €8,000 Investment With valuation report Note 2- (1973)
|Mercedes Benz||W114 280 C Coupé||1973|
Not or only partially comprehensible.
|US||DE-04179 Leipzig||Royal blue|
Highlights and general information
A Mercedes-Benz W114 280 C Coupé from 1973 is for sale, presented in royal blue exterior color and an elegant leather interior in cognac.
- Partially restored
- Features include: Power steering, air conditioning, radio
- Appraisal available: Grade "2-"
- Approx. €8,000 invested in renovations and repairs at a specialist classic car workshop in recent years (all invoices available)
- Gearshift mechanism / steering wheel gearshift repaired
- Carburetor adjustment
- Control arm bushings, rod bushings, axle beam bushing and upper control arm replaced
- Wheel alignment and correction carried out
- Steering gear and longitudinal member repaired
- Steering column and horn repaired
- Ventilation system repaired
- Brake hoses replaced
- Brake callipers incl. pads replaced
- Brake discs cleaned, brake system bled
- Master brake cylinder repaired
- Ignition cables and spark plugs replaced and ignition adjusted
- Handbrake adjusted
- Hard disk replaced
- Several seals replaced
- Air filter replaced
- New tires
- Exhaust gas diagnosis: OK
- Conversion to Bakelite steering wheel of the first series
- The seller would like to part with this beautiful /8 Coupé built in 1975 due to a reduction in his collection
- The vehicle is driven regularly in good weather. Get in, drive off and enjoy the fantastic driving experience.
- In possession of the seller since August 2020
General information about the vehicle
- Year of construction: 1973
- First registration: 1975
- Import from the USA
- Location: 04179 Leipzig, Germany
- Number of owners not known
- TÜV valid until 10/24
- H license plate
- Accident-free in current ownership
- German registration
- Duty paid
- Ready to drive
- The Mercedes-Benz W114, introduced in 1968 as a continuation of the W110 series, set new standards in the upper mid-size class. The models in this series were equipped exclusively with in-line six-cylinder engines with displacements ranging from 2.3 to 2.8 liters. The wide choice of engines gave the W114 not only high performance, but also a reputation for reliability and durability. This laid the foundation for the later success of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class.
Exterior and interior
- Royal blue paintwork
- Cognac leather interior
- Repainted, presumably the entire vehicle
Engine and transmission
- 2.7-liter inline six-cylinder engine with 160 hp
- Automatic transmission
- Last engine service in February 2023
- 42,041 km. Mileage not traceable.
- No checkbook available
Tires, brakes, body & underbody
- Tires: New
- Brakes: 70-90%
- Underbody: Light rust film
- Radio and antenna need to be replaced and the air conditioning needs maintenance
- Vacuum lines of the front seat locking system need to be replaced
- Minor scratches on the chrome strips of the windows
- Please view the photo gallery and videos for further insight into the condition of the vehicle.
Experience the timeless elegance of the Mercedes-Benz W114 280 C Coupé from 1973 in royal blue paintwork and fine cognac leather interior. With a partially restored condition, a powerful 2.7-liter inline six-cylinder engine (160 hp) and investments of around €8,000 for renovations and repairs, this vehicle presents itself as a charismatic classic.
Why Kickdown? The NDR summed it up well!Verkaufsbedingungen Stand: (19.12.2022)
- Kickdown photographer was on site
- Video of the vehicle available
- Main inspection
- Current service performed
- Low milage
The description of this auction has been made to the best of the seller's knowledge. The condition of this vehicle is based on the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. The description and photos are for reference. Kickdown does not guarantee the accuracy of the listing and recommends a viewing. The seller decides whether a viewing can be made. Bidders must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and make all necessary inquiries before placing a bid. For this purpose, please use the comments and questions section for additional information. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
About the seller
Never miss an auction again with our newsletter!
Mercedes Benz wanted?
Benefits of our Auctions
- We take care of your search for a car.
- Off-market vehicles from our network
- Pre-selected vehicles.