Mercedes Benz W113 230 SL Pagoda little KM from 3rd hand preserved power steering radio (1966)
|Mercedes Benz||W113 230 SL||1966|
As the successor to the legendary 300 SL, the 230 SL of the W 113 series was first shown at the Geneva Motor Show in 1963. The initially unfamiliar appearance of the sports car immediately set the 230 SL apart from other vehicles in this class. Its dominant design feature was a removable coupé roof that lowered towards the center of the vehicle outside any standard and was popularly called the "Pagoda". Word quickly got around that the second generation of the SL series was a real touring car – but its performance was by no means tame: 150 hp from the 2.3-litre six-cylinder engine accelerated the 230 SL to almost 200 km/h. According to research, almost 20,000 units of the 230 SL were produced.
General information about the vehicle
This Mercedes-Benz 230 SL (W 113) for sale comes from German first registration, was first registered in 1966 and has the chassis number 11304210016079. According to the seller, 3 owners are known for this accident-free roadster. An H license plate is already available, a valid TÜV runs until April 2024. The so-called "matching numbers" are the starting point of the current holder. This pagoda is fully roadworthy, registered and has already been restored.
- Exterior and interior: A repainting - following the complete reconstruction - of this silver pagoda has already been carried out over the years. Inside, there are black leather seats and a black dashboard.
- Engine and transmission: The 2.3-liter inline six-cylinder engine in the front of this W 113 provides 150 hp - the power is transmitted by means of a 4-speed manual transmission. This 230 SL underwent a final service in October 2022.
- Mileage: The five-digit speedometer shows 3,280 kilometers of mileage - the seller mentions that the total mileage is 103,280 kilometers, as the speedometer has already "zeroed" once.
- Documentation: German registration papers are available in addition to various invoices, documents and retained receipts on the history of this 230 SL.
- In general, the current owner of the Pagoda indicates a few slight signs of wear on the exterior and interior.
- The seller certifies that the technology, the gearbox and the engine are in top condition.
- The tires should still have 50-70% of their new condition, in the area of the brake system the seller specifies a condition of 70-90%.
- As already welded, cavity sealed, preserved and now preserved rust-free, the current owner indicates the underbody condition of this W 113.
- For more details on the condition of the vehicle, please refer to the photos and videos.
- Due to the complete rebuild of this Mercedes-Benz Roadster, its condition is correspondingly well preserved. In addition to the leather seats and the two-spoke steering wheel, there is also a power steering system and a Becker Monza Cassette radio on board the vehicle.
- Among other things, a Mercedes-Benz Pagoda is a source of enthusiasm thanks to its graceful elegance, compact dimensions and powerful engine - and this 230 SL, which has been released for auction, is no exception. The seller speaks of a very reliable classic car, which should be in very good shape visually and technically in view of the age of the vehicle. We are now looking for an owner who appreciates this 230 SL and drives with it towards the next sunset...
Why Kickdown? The NDR summed it up well!Verkaufsbedingungen Stand: (19.12.2022)
- Kickdown photographer was on site
- Video of the vehicle available
- Main inspection
- Milage trackable
- Current service performed
- Low milage
The description of this auction has been made to the best of the seller's knowledge. The condition of this vehicle is based on the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. The description and photos are for reference. Kickdown does not guarantee the accuracy of the listing and recommends a viewing. The seller decides whether a viewing can be made. Bidders must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and make all necessary inquiries before placing a bid. For this purpose, please use the comments and questions section for additional information. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
About the seller
Never miss an auction again with our newsletter!
Mercedes Benz wanted?
Benefits of our Auctions
- We take care of your search for a car.
- Off-market vehicles from our network
- Pre-selected vehicles.