BMW 2500 (E3) Fjord Blue few kilometers from 3rd hand engine conversion to BMW 2800 2.8-liter inline six-cylinder 170 hp (1969)
Not or only partially comprehensible.
|DE||DE-31515 Wunstorf||Fjord Blue|
The logical step after the "New Class" for BMW was the development of a luxury sedan that was able to tie in with the 3200 S V8 built until 1963 in terms of performance and nimbus: This resulted in a new BMW model series with an in-line six-cylinder engine - internally referred to as E3 - which had a similar success as the four-cylinder sedans. In particular, the excellent, newly designed six-cylinder engines brought fame and glory to BMW: the displacement ranged from 2.5-litre to 3.3-litre. Introduced in 1968, the E3 series lasted until 1977, before production was discontinued after a total of about 222,000 units.
General information about the vehicle
A BMW 2500 of the E3 series from first registration in 1969 can now be purchased here, which is a German vehicle with chassis number 2442400. Over the years, after consultation with the current owner, 3 owners are said to have called this sedan their own. According to the seller, this accident-free BMW 2500 already has an H license plate - there is no registration at the moment and the vehicle does not currently have one. The seller mentions that this E3 is completely ready to drive.
- Exterior and interior: As a paint color, this 2500 has a light blue color, which BMW calls the "Fjord", and there are also many chrome trim elements on the exterior. Repainting has not been carried out over the years. Blue fabric seats and a black dashboard with wood trim inlays can be found in the interior of this BMW sedan.
- Engine and transmission: According to the seller, the 2.5-liter in-line six-cylinder (150 hp) originally installed in this BMW 2500 was approx. Replaced in the mid-70s by a BMW 2800 2.8-liter inline six-cylinder (170 hp). The last service is said to have taken place in July 2016.
- Mileage: The five-digit speedometer of the 2500 shows 90,740 kilometers, which should be at least partially comprehensible after consultation with the current owner.
- Documentation: According to the seller, the German vehicle documents are available for documentation.
- Both the brakes and the tires are certified by the current owner of this BMW with an assessment of the condition that is 50-70% of the new constitution.
- The underbody, which is apparently in good substance, is provided with slight flash rust.
- To get an accurate picture of the exterior and interior of this BMW 2500, we recommend looking through the meaningful photos and videos of the sedan.
- This BMW has been in the possession of the seller for about 10 years now and, according to him, was never moved, but stood at the BMW dealer as an exhibit in the house. One of the features of the car is the original contemporary radio.
- In addition to its spacious body, a BMW from the E3 series also offers good driving characteristics and, above all, a powerful, refined naturally aspirated in-line six-cylinder engine that offers plenty of driving pleasure. In the case of this sedan offered for auction here, the untouched originality and the all-round solid general state of preservation are also convincing. Also the few kilometers read and the fact that this 2500 comes from 3rd hand, make this BMW classic car interesting.
Why Kickdown? The NDR summed it up well!Verkaufsbedingungen Stand: (19.12.2022)
- Kickdown photographer was on site
- Video of the vehicle available
The description of this auction has been made to the best of the seller's knowledge. The condition of this vehicle is based on the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. The description and photos are for reference. Kickdown does not guarantee the accuracy of the listing and recommends a viewing. The seller decides whether a viewing can be made. Bidders must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the description and make all necessary inquiries before placing a bid. For this purpose, please use the comments and questions section for additional information. Please read our terms and conditions for more details.
About the seller
Never miss an auction again with our newsletter!
Benefits of our Auctions
- We take care of your search for a car.
- Off-market vehicles from our network
- Pre-selected vehicles.